- For admission to Ph.D programs candidates should have at least 65% marks (annual system) or CGPA 3.00/4.00 (semester system) in MS/M.Phil with GRE/GAT (Subject) with minimum 60% score. All Ph.D programmes are designed for 3 years duration comprising of course-work, seminar on research proposal, writing of a thesis on an approved topic, research seminar, evaluation of thesis by two foreign experts and defence of the thesis in a viva-voce examination.
- For admission to MS programs candidates must have at least 60% marks or CGPA 2.50/4.00 in MA/M.Sc./BS (16 years) & GAT (General) with minimum 50% score. All MS programs are designed for duration of 2 years comprising of course-work, research seminar, writing of thesis on an approved topic and its defence in a viva-voce examination.
- Merit for Admission will be based on academic record (30%), written test (50%) and interview (20%).
|General Eligibility & Merit Criteria for MBA /M.Ed:
- Candidates should have at least 50% marks or CGPA 2.00/4.00 in their bachelor’s degree.
- Merit for Admission will be based on academic record (30%); written test (50%) & interview (20%). Above degree programs are designed for (2 – 3.5) years comprised of course-work or thesis/dissertation on an approved topic and its defence in viva-voce examination.
|General Eligibility & Merit Criteria for BS Programs:
- For admission to BS Programs, Candidates should have at least 50% marks in HSSC or equivalent.
Merit for Admission will be based on academic record (40%) and written test (60%).
All Bachelor degree programmes are designed for duration of 4-years except B.A/LL.B which is designed for 6-years duration (including one year language programme Arabic & English).
Candidates holding degrees from other Universities shall be admitted as Provisional Students and shall be required to study/pass prescribed preparatory course work before qualifying for regular courses. Time spent for preparatory courses shall not be counted towards normal duration of a program. Students studying preparatory courses shall not be allowed to register regular courses of the respective degree programs unless they pass their preparatory courses.
|Students with awaiting results:
|Applicants awaiting results (only those who have already appeared in the exams) can also apply for admission and if they pass the entry test they shall be given provisional admission until declaration of their respective results. Such candidates are required to fill in the undertaking that he/she will submit result within two month’s time after commencement of semester and if he/she fails to secure required marks or CGPA, his / her admission shall be treated as cancelled immediately without any further notice and continuation of studies shall be considered Unlawful.Further more such candidates will not be entitled for refund of tuition fee. Applicants securing straight pass grades with required percentage only shall be eligible for continuation of studies.
The absolute value of percentage is considered as final; it is not rounded off to next whole number e.g. 49.99% is considered 49.99% and NOT 50%.
- Schedule for admission test is available on IIUI website www.iiu.edu.pk and No Separate call letter will be issued to any candidate.
- Result of the admission test will be displayed on IIUI website within five days after the date of admission test.
- There will be no interview for BBA / BS / LLB Degree / Diploma programs.
- Classes are held from 8.30 a.m. to 8.30 p.m. according to the time table of respective Faculty/Department.
On successful completion of 1st semester the student can apply for deferment of studies for a maximum period of two semesters on payment of prescribed deferment fee. Following are the conditions for deferment of studies:
i. Admission of newly admitted candidates may be deferred to a subsequent semester or session in case the candidates applies for deferment before joining and paying the university fee.
ii. After submission of fee and joining but before the commencement of semester the applicant may be allowed deferment with 100% adjustment of fee in the subsequent Semester/Session.
iii. If a candidate submits his/her joining/dues and apply for deferment of admission within two weeks from the commencement of semester he/she may be allowed deferment with 50% fee adjustment in the subsequent semester/session.
iv. The above policy/rules shall not be applicable on the student granted admission on “result awaiting basis”
- Students shall be required to abide by the prescribed Rules and Regulations of IIUI and observe the dress code and basic Islamic tenets failing which student disciplinary action can be initiated as per disciplinary regulations enforce from time to time
|SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORM:
Application Form/Prospectus can be purchased against payment of Rs.300/- from:
- Habib Bank Limited, IIU Branch Sector H-10, Islamabad
- Allied Bank Limited, Female Campus, IIU Branch Sector H-10, Islamabad
- First Women Bank Ltd. Women Campus, IIU Branch, Sector H-10, Islamabad.
Before submitting your form please check that
Non-refundable Application Processing Fee.
- Rs.700/- (for Pakistani Applicants)
- Rs.1000/- (Downloaded forms)
- US $ 40 (for overseas Applicants) is paid in the shape of Deposit Challan or Bank Draft or Pay Order in favour of IIUI payable at HBL IIU Branch (1844), Islamabad, A/C No.1844-00-1016-32 and attached with the form.
Application form is duly filled, signed and submitted in duplicate.
Four passport size photographs are attached.
Two (02) sets of attested photocopies of final degree/certificates and other testimonials are attached.
Copy of computerized NIC or Passport for candidates over the age of 18 years and Child Registration Form for candidates below 18 years
For Overseas candidates, Foreign Students Information Sheet (Download from IIUI website www.iiu.edu.pk) are attached.
Applications received after the due date shall not be accepted.
|Applicants must bring the following material at the time of the Entry test:
- Test Admission Slip.
- Original NIC.
- Clipboard, eraser, sharpener and two pencils / ball pen.
- Calculators, Mobile phones, and other communication devices are not allowed in the examination hall.
FOR MALE APPLICANTS: (Pakistani):
|Application form in duplicate must reach IIUI before the last date (as advertised) on the following address:
Admission Office, Basement, Admin. Block, International Islamic University, Sector H-10, Islamabad, Pakistan Ph: +92-51-9257988, Fax: 9257923.
FOR FEMALE APPLICANTS: (Pakistani) Admission Office, Room No.S-12, Admin Block, Women Campus, International Islamic University, H-10, Islamabad, Pakistan Ph: +92-51-9257985, 9019288, 9019322, 9019327; Fax: 9257929.
FOR OVERSEAS APPLICANTS (Male & Female): Overseas Admission Office, Room No. 129,1st Floor, Admin. Block, International Islamic University Sector H-10, Islamabad – Pakistan. Ph: +92-51-9258007, 9019565.
|Admissions are granted to the candidates (except overseas) on basis of written test and interview as per details announced by the University. The admission test focuses language skills in Arabic/English language, subject aptitude and general analytical skills on the pattern of TOEFL, GMAT and SAT. The weightage for admission test / interview and previous qualification is given below:
|Admission Merit Criteria
|ADMISSION MERIT CRITERIA
Academics Qualification: 30%
Admission Test: 50%
Academics Qualification: 40%
Admission Test: 60%
* Interview will be subject to passing test.
* In case of GRE Type test conducted by the university 70% marks will be required.
* Qualifying test & call for interview does not establish right to admission in any programme.